23 April 2017

Pick another word!


Hate islam

Hate islam

Hate islam

Hate islam


I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw a post on "Weird Facts" page about a Muslim girl making a point on twitter and defending Islam. I thought it was strange for this particular page  to post a  political/religious article since it's not about that. I was curious to read the comments and what people thought about the story- It is true what they say, curiosity killed the cat. I am the cat in this case and my heart just died a little. Almost every single comment is hateful towards Islam and the middle east, I attached some of the comments as proof.
I am confused and I don't know what am I supposed to feel when I read these comments. I mean, I believe in one God. I pray 5 times a day, a prayer looks like Yoga steps so its like I do sport. I like reading, one of my usual books is called The holy Quran. I pay Zakat and once every year for 30 days I don't eat from sunrise till sunset. All that makes me a Muslim. So, a Muslim likes sport, reading, charity and diet! I see no terrorism, rape or murder here.
The "Muslims" those comments accuse of being terrorists are nothing like me, my family or my friends. So why are they calling them Muslims?
My passport says I am Muslim. Those comments are accusing Muslims of being terrorists. So its like they are accusing me of being a terrorist!
If Islam is about terrorism then we are not Muslims. If Muslims are not terrorists, then for gods sake pick another word to call those terrorists.